Wednesday, February 23, 2011

one step at a time...

so today i have finally started a blog on here. at first i was unsure if i should even get one or if it was worth my time but i enjoy reading others and see what is going on in their life just through their blogs and pictures. 


there is a lot to take in from what people write and i enjoy that more and more everyday. i am at a new point in my life right now which is kind of why i titled it "one step at a time". i feel like i am in a good state right now knowing that God has many awesome plans for my family. it will be a year that susie and i have been married in 2 weeks. 


we are unsure of exactly where God is taking us next but personally i am pretty excited to see what God has planned for us. as of this weekend, i will be stepping away from my part-time position away from lifespring christian church as student minister to focus on whats next. i am excited to really take this one step at a time. i am still with delta airlines and want to continue on there until God places me somewhere where susie and i will be needed and used to potential doing what we absolutely love. 


i am going to take this time away from working in the church to being the church around the world. after this weekend i am going to take some time to celebrate our 1 year anniversary!!!, then i am going to take some time to continue to focus on my personal spiritual life and see what God wants to show me through books and sermons, and especially quiet time. 


i feel that with how busy my life has been i have not been able to slow down and truly focus on God. i have been able to serve, teach, pray, listen but it seems like i have been giving more away than i actually have to give. i have listened to many sermons and read several books over the past few months to bring my focus more narrow and on track with God. 


to be honest, i am extremely excited of all that i have heard and read through some faithful servants of God. it has lifted me up when i am down and made me rethink of what direction i am going. a big question i want to continue to focus on is "are you all in?"... this question makes me challenge myself to listen to God more and more each day


i am learning so much about myself and who God wants me to be. 


i have learned so much this past year about fun it is to be married and how much there really is to learn about yourself through the one who spends everyday with you


i honestly thank God day in and day out how much of a blessing susie is to me. she is patient with me, listens to me, cares for me, and continues to learn with me. i have learned a lot from susie and she continues to build me up and challenge me daily. 


susie is my backbone and she keeps me in line. if i can get things through my thick skull easier and not be stubborn susie may never get gray hair.. honestly i couldnt ask for a better wife




if you read this would you pray that i can continue to follow God's plan and keep him at the center of my life and marriage




..daily i want to strive to be a better husband and servant of God..

No comments:

Post a Comment